Gluckstadt is an unincorporated community in Madison County, MS, however there is currently an effort to incorporate Gluckstadt into a city (2018). The community is located along Interstate 55 in south central Madison County, between the cities of Canton and Madison. Gluckstadt was established in 1905 by German Catholics from Indiana. The community’s name means “Lucky Town.” Contrary to its name, in 1908 the early families discovered that the Highland Colony Company whom they had purchased their land from, never actually owned the land that they had sold them. The land that the settlers bought and paid cash for actually still belonged to three widows, and the Highland Colony Company had only taken an option on the land. In order to keep the land that they had made into their home these settlers had to pay for it a second time.
Over the past few years the Gluckstadt area has been one of the fastest growing areas in Madison County. This growth has been primarily fueled by its proximity to the Canton Nissan Plant and the highly rated school system.
Public education in the community of Gluckstadt is provided by the Madison County School District. The area is served by two elementary schools (grades K-5), Madison Crossing and Mannsdale, by Germantown Middle School (grades 6-8), and by Germantown High School (grades 9-12).
The Aulenbrock / Minninger home located on Gluckstadt Road, is one of the last remaining structures constructed by early Gluckstadt settlers. This home was extensively remodeled by Jon-David Johnson in 2013 and currently serves as the real estate offices for J.D. Johnson Realty, LLC.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.